On the 1st floor in Terkko Health Hub there will be a co-working space, a meeting point and an event venue. The new library premises will be a versatile and flexible learning space located mostly on the 2nd floor:
- Current amount of about 230 workspaces will remain.
- Quiet reading spaces and group study rooms.
- Digital environment better suited to users’ needs
- Better visibility for electronic materials in the learning centre.
When the Meilahti Campus Library is closed, please contact the Main Library Kaisa House customer service at the 3rd floor. Customer service is open Mon-Fri 11 a.m. – 8. p.m. in June-July and Mon-Fri 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. in August. We try to answer e-mails during the following working day.
As a rule students can’t get material from a closed library. However, in case of an urgent need e.g. having to do with graduation it is possible to get a book before the middle of September by contacting the library (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 02941 23920). All cases are assessed individually depending e.g. restrictions due to renovation work.
From Monday May 22th onwards you can return books to a return box at the lobby in Haartmaninkatu 3 until Terkko Health Hub opens. The box is emptied Monday and Thursday afternoons. During the summer Haartmaninkatu 3 is open Mon-Fri 7:45 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. Outside these opening hours you can return loans to libraries in Kaisa House, Kumpula or Viikki.
- Moving of Terkko collections underway since start of 2017.
- Long loan periods in Terkko starting on April, 24th, 2017. Four week loans will fall due on September 18th, 2017 (long loan periods for two week loans start May 8th, 2017)
- The group work rooms and the auditorium will be unavailable from May 15th, 2017. (Some exceptions apply).
- The last day Meilahti Campus Library Terkko will be open is Friday, May 19th 2017.
- Library services in June-August 2017: return drop in Meilahti, services in Kaisa House and online. See: SUMMER 2017 in the Library
- Terkko Health Hub will open in autumn 2017.