Do you want to become an expert in Russian and East European studies? Apply for Russian and Eastern European Study program at Aleksanteri Institute! The application starts in January and ends on 31st March. The exact date of the opening of the application will be informed on this page.
In the study program you can specialize in Russian and Eastern European studies both in your own field and multidisciplinary. You will get to be part of nation-wide ExprEES network, and still graduate from your own university and faculty.
Specialist studies will improve your attractiveness in career life.
- Access in the ExpREES courses offered by network universities
- Support for travel costs to enable your participation in the courses
- Special courses at Aleksanteri Institute
- Thesis seminars to give additional support in writing your master’s thesis
- Interesting intensive courses and web courses, as well as excursions and exchange studies
- Important networking with other experts
- You must be enrolled as an MA student in one of the universities in the ExpREES network
- Minimum of 40 ECTS’s already taken in your major subject
- You have finished or about to finish your BA studies
- Plans to write your master’s thesis about a Russia/Eastern Europe related topic
- Strong motivation to take studies in the ExpREES programme
- Knowledge of Russian or other East European language is taken as an advantage, but not required
Application period will start in January and end by 31st of March.
During the application period, the active application form will be found here. In addition to that, the applicant is asked to send a support letter by mail.
Head of education
tel. +358 400 2899 42
tapani.kaakkuriniemi [at] helsinki.fi
tel. +358 50 331 98 94
hanna.o.peltonen [at] helsinki.fi
ExpREES is a nationwide network of universities, coordinated by Aleksanteri Institute. The network will enroll ca. 35 students to ExpREES study program. The results of the application process will be announced by 19th of May.
Network universities: Aalto University, University of Helsinki, University of Eastern Finland, University of Jyväskylä, University of Lapland, Lappeenranta University of Technology, University of Oulu, Hanken School of Economics, University of Tampere, University of Turku, University of Vaasa, Åbo Akademi University