The Polish Research Centre for Law and Economy of China and the University of Warsaw School of Law and Economy of China have issued the Call for Papers for the 15th Annual Conference of the European China Law Studies Association (ECLS). The conference will be held in Warsaw during 18-20 September 2020.
The ECLS was founded in 2006 with the mission to advance comparative and interdisciplinary research on Chinese law. The ECLS annual conference is a prestigious academic forum for discussing ideas and exchanging information on Chinese law and policies among scholars and practitioners committing to Chinese law research and education. The members of ECLS Board of Directors are: Professor Dr. Björn Ahl, University of Cologne (President); Professor Stéphanie Balme, Sciences Po (Vice President); Professor Xi Chao, Chinese University of Hong Kong (Treasurer); Dr Rogier Creemers, University of Leiden; Professor Ronald Brown, University of Hawai’i; and Professor Ulla Liukkunen, University of Helsinki, Director of the Finnish China Law Center.
According to the Call, scholars, especially young researchers (young post-docs; i.e. 5 years from the PhD award, PhD candidates, MA students) are encouraged to submit proposals regarding Chinese law and China’s recent legal development.
Some suggested themes include:
- Blockchain, big data & artificial intelligence in China
- Sino-US trade war and its legal implications for Europe
- Legal aspects of the Belt and Road Initiative
- Codification of Laws in China
- Rule of Law and Chinese Constitutionalism
- Chinese and Comparative Labour Law
- Legal Issues of Poland-China Relations
- Chinese law and society
- China’s new structure of Party and state
- National supervision law and the new supervisory mechanism
- New developments in China’s judicial reforms
- China in the international legal order
The deadline for proposal submission is 30 April 2020.
More information about the format and submission form can be found in the Call for Papers
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions.