The degree programme directors of the Faculty of Science will meet on 30 Jan 2019. The agenda and other current topics for possible discussion are the following.
- Annual follow-up and regular reviews of degree programmes/Koulutusohjelmien vuosiseurannan ja katselmusten käyttöönoton valmistelu (Päivi Aronen)
- Marketing of the degree programmes/Koulutusohjelmien markkinoinnista (Hakijapalvelut ja viesintäpalvelut)
Other current topics, for possible discussion:
- Teaching plans and working plans for 2019-20 under preparation in programmes and at departments
- Curriculum planning for 2020-23
- problems, questions, topics to coordinate between programmes?
- introduction of academic tutoring/oma opettaja to more programmes (cf. event for development on teaching on 26 Oct 2018)
- teaching (academic/work life) expertise skills (cf. event for development on teaching on 26 Oct 2018 and the workshop on 11 Dec 2018)
- Finnish and Swedish courses for foreign students in international BSc and MSc programmes: the BSc programme will have some, should the MSc programmes offer the same course(s), too?
- Preparations for the end of the curriculum transition period (end of July 2020)
- Significant growth in student applications to the MSc programmes
- 1149 applications in 2019, vs. 794 in 2018
- a heavier workload in assessment of the applications
- Sessions being planned for introducing our MSc programmes to BSc students
- Kumpula jaksaa, vai jaksaako? Mental health and stress in studies — Save the date: 15 April 2019
- Kumpula’s degree programme directors’ meetings
- Tue 26 Feb, 9-11, with Vice Rector Sari Lindblom
- Fri 22 Mar, 9-11
- Tue 7 May, 9-11
- New Fellows in Teachers’ Academy: Olli Ruth and Jokke Häsä
- Leena Ripatti-Torniainen will start as Pedagogical Lecturer in Kumpula on 1 Feb