The information on this page will be continually updated until the day of the Conferment Ceremony.
The programme of the event is roughly the following:
Dance rehearsals are held on:
- Tuesday, 26 May 2015, at 6-9 p.m.
- Thursday, 28 May 2015, at 6-9 p.m.
- Monday, 1 June 2015, at 5.30-8.30 p.m., at the banqueting hall, with orchestra
- Wednesday, 3 June 2015, at 6-9 p.m.
Thursday, 4 June 2015 – Sword-whetting Day
- 4 p.m. Ceremony Act rehearsals at the Great Hall of the Main Building of the University, compulsory attendance for all honorary doctors, doctors and their companions. Bring your doctoral hat and sword with you – these will be left at the hall overnight. Please wear your formal attire as the evening continues with the reception of the Rector and the Sword-whetting dinner. In case you are not attending the dinner, please wear a suit / cocktail dress or similar for the reception.
- 6 p.m. Reception of the Rector of the University of Helsinki for all honorary doctors, doctors and companions
- 8 p.m. Sword-whetting Dinner at Restaurant Wanha Satama (until midnight)
Friday, 5 June 2015 – Conferment Ceremony Day
- 12 noon. Conferment Ceremony in the Great Hall of the Main Building of the University
- 13.45 p.m. End of Ceremony, procession to the Cathedral
- 14.00 p.m. Holy Service at the Cathedral
- 14.45 p.m. Procession to the University
- 7 p.m. Conferment Ceremony Dinner at Restaurant Kulosaaren Casino (until midnight)
Saturday, 6 June 2015 – Outing and Ball Day
- 10.30 a.m. Outing to Restaurant Vanha Viilatehdas, by bus
- Buffet lunch
- Return to town 3 p.m.
- 8 p.m. Conferment Ball at the Old Student House
- Buffet and programme
- 2 a.m. Procession through Esplanade Park to the Senate Square
- 4.01 a.m. Salutation to the rising sun