Tips and News for Examinarium-examiners:
1. Rules for exams in electronic exam rooms (Examinarium) has been updated. Please note these changes:
- Students are now allowed to bring a drinking water bottle to the exam room. The bottle needs to be transparent and contain no labels or writing.
- Students must inform the examiner at least 10 days before their intended exam day if he/she wants to have questions in a another language than the teaching. For more information, go to see questions 5 and 6.
- If you want to publish the list of grades for the students, you can gather the grades from the Study attainments -page (instructions under the title “After assessment”). Recommended times for publishing the list of grades are at the end of the exam period or at the end of term. Please note that the answers and grades are stored in Examinarium for 12 months.
- Rules for exams >>
2. Instructions for teachers in English: https://blogs.helsinki.fi/examinarium-en/instructions-for-teachers
3. Upcoming changes before the end of 2018:
- The following programs are going to be installed to the exam computers in Kumpula: Geogebra, Matlab, MarvinSketch and Origin2018. If you have / are planning to have exams in Examinarium, where any of these programs are not allowed to be used please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exam services in the Center Campus and in Kumpula-Viikki Campus will also support teachers in issues related to Examinarium. More information coming later.
- Login page in Examinarium will change, when Haka user authentication system is taken in use. More detailed information will be updated to these web pages.
Things to remember:
- The student’s exam responses and grading information are stored in Examinarium for 12 months.
- The assessment is not ready until the assessment is locked. When assessment is locked, the student will receive an email about the grading, and the grades marked as partial course grades will be sent automatically for registration.