Accommodation is not included in the conference registration fee. All ICKL20 attendees are required to make their own accommodation arrangements. The local organisers have made an allotment reservation in combination of rooms and flats accommodating one person to three persons at Töölö Towers-Unihome and Hostel Domus Academica.
- Töölö Tower-Unihome (University Accommodation)
- Single room (1 bed): 1x 90 cm bed, shower/WC, mini refrigerator, television, internet connection / Rate per week EUR329 / Rate per night EUR93
- One-bedroom flat (2 beds, 29/35m2): 2 x 80cm bed, shower/WC, television. WLAN, kitchenette / Rate per week EUR553 / Rate per night will be notified in spring 2017.
- Two-bedroom flat (3 beds, 61.5/65m2): 2 x 80cm bed, 1x 90cm bed, shower/WC, television, WLAN, kitchenette / Rate per week EUR700 / Rate per night will be notified in spring 2017.
The ICKL20 attendee may reserve a flat on any dates during the period of Monday, 26 June – Sunday, 3 July 2017. Reservation must be made during the given period of Monday, 5 December 2016 – Friday, 26 May 2017 should the discount rate be applied. The attendee will be allocated in a larger single room with a higher rate after small single rooms have been fully booked. Or it is recommended that acquainted colleagues reserve a one- or two-bedroom flat to share. The rates include taxes, a buffet breakfast and access to the guest sauna. Bedding sets and towels are provided for free of charge. The rooms are cleaned only once a week.
Note! If you plan to stay longer than three nights, it is more economical to reserve the flat for the entire week. Un-reserved rooms will be released from the allotment on Saturday, 27 May 2017.
How to make a reservation under allotment “ICKL20”
- Contact Töölö Tower-Unihome to provide the booking information – guest name, conference name (i.e. ICKL20), arrival and departure dates (Check-in starts at 14.00, and check-out must be made by 12.00 on the day of departure.) – by 26 May 2017. Email: email@example.com / Phone: +358 (0)2941 24727
- Inform that you wish to make a reservation under the allotment “ICKL20”.
- Credit card authorisation is required and will be sent with room confirmations. You can also ask for an authorisation form from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please wait for confirmation after sending your request by email. Your reservation will be confirmed upon availability in the allotment.
How to get to Töölö Towers (Address: Pohjoinen Hesperiankatu 23)
Transportation from the Helsinki International Airport is possible either by bus or taxi, departing in front of the terminals.
- Buses 615 and 615T offer connection to Helsinki central railway station.
- Finnair Airport Bus also offers connection from the airport to the central railway station. The bus also stops a few blocks from the Töölö Towers on Mannerheimintie.
- From the Central Railway Station (the final stop for the buses from the Airport) you can take Tram No. 2 to Töölö Towers (the right tram stop is called “Apollonkatu” – this you see on the tram information board).
- If you decide to take a taxi the cost is approximately 50 euros from the airport to the city centre.
How to get to the venue from Töölö Towers
City Centre Campus:
- Tram No. 2 reaches the venue. The tram stops right next to the venue, and the name of the stop is “Senaatintori (Senate Square)”. The tram displays the name of each stop on the tram information board.
Further details may be found at http://www.unihome.fi/unihome-for-academics/toolon-tornit/toolo-towers.html.
- Hostel Domus Academica
The rate of a twin room is EUR67 per night. The rate includes taxes, but NOT breakfast. Each room is equipped with a small kitchen and refrigerator. Bedding sets and towels are provided for free of charge. It is advised to make a reservation as soon as possible. Reservation may be made with further details at http://www.hostelacademica.fi/.
- Hotel options in Helsinki
Helsinki has a wide range of hotels to choose from close to the venue. Please feel free to make your own choice other than the recommended accommodations by clicking here.