FOR-259 GIS and RS in environmental and land use applications (5 op)
- Master students in Forest sciences and in Environmental change and global sustainability, and other master students in relevant master´s degree programmes
- IV period, odd years
- Preceding studies: ME-203 / ME-204 / relevant studies
The course concentrates on GIS and Remote Sensing applications of the environmental and land-use sciences. It introduces the students to Environmental and land-use GIS -systems and their applications through research study cases.
Course consists of 3 Modules (Lectures & Exercises)
- GIS and RS in large scale mapping & monitoring applications
- GIS based ecological, environmental and land-use analyses
- Environmental GIS products & databases
Programs: QGIS, R
Study material will be informed in lectures.
K 20 – H 50 – R10 – I 50
The course grade is determined according to the practical exercises (50 %) and the written examination (50 %), which will both be evaluated on the scale of 0-5.
Prof. Markus Holopainen in Forest sciences, Univ. Lect. Tarmo Virtanen in Environmental change and global sustainability.
Teaching in English. Opetus järjestetään englanniksi.