Moodi in brief
Moodi ry is a student organisation for Helsinki University students studying statistics or econometrics established in 1968. We organize excursions to companies, sports and culture events, and a diverse palette of other recreational events. Moodi is also the epicenter of interaction with other statistics students.
You have multiple ways of contacting us. You can visit our student room, send mail or a message, see below how!
You can find Moodi’s student room at the Kumpula Campus basement (CK109). You are most welcomed to pop in for a cup of coffee or tea and a nice chat with other fellow statistics enthusiasts! Moodi’s student room is called Survomo in reference to Survo, a computing environment originating from the 1960s.
Addresses and links:
- Email the board: moodi-hallitus(at)helsinki.fi
- Send paper mail to:
(Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2B)
00014 Helsingin yliopisto
- Join our mailing list by sending message subscribe tyyppi-arvo to majordomo(at)helsinki.fi.
- Contact us via social media:
Below you can find our most important forms:
- Feedback form for general feedback about Moodi’s activities
- Membership application form (unfortunately only in Finnish)
Here are a few other useful links for miscellaneous stuff:
- Moodi’s Unofficial study guide containing old exams
- Web page for Bachelor’s Programme in Science
- Web page for Master’s Programme in Mathematics and Statistics
- Web page for Master’s Programme in Data Science
- Web page for Master’s Programme in Life Science Informatics
Harassment and other problematic situations
We at Moodi have zero tolerance for harassment. If you experience any kind of discrimination or unpleasant situations within the activities of Moodi, please report it to the harassment contact persons of the Student Union of the University of Helsinki due to the small size of our organization. If you have encountered problematic situations in events organized by the University of Helsinki, you can report them also to the university’s and Kumpula campus’ harassment contact persons.
If you wish, you may also contact the board or the equality representative (yhdenvertaisuusvastaava) of the board of Moodi.