Moodle will be upgraded to version 3.7 on December 27th, 2019, from 8 AM to 4 PM. During this time, Moodle is closed and cannot be logged into. The update may not take the whole day, but the time is reserved as a precaution to prepare for potential update issues and fixes.
New features in Moodle 3.7
- Forum: Inline editing, star and sort discussions.
- Forum: Teachers can add a private reply in a forum and can manually lock discussions.
- Messaging: Improved interface and your own private space.
- Messaging: Teachers can delete conversations in groups.
- Assignment: Students and teachers can delete assignment file submissions.
- Quiz: Change your mind and remove your choice in a multiple choice quiz question.
- Backups: Asynchronous backups in the background while doing other tasks.
- Read more Moodle 3.7 new features.
Other changes in the default settings
- Course settings: In new courses hidden sections are completely invisible from students.
- Grades: By default, the user report will only show grade and feedback columns.
- Workshop: Students can’t see the names of authors and reviewers, i.e. the reviewing is totally anonymous.
- You can ask questions and give feedback about the update at firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Moodle guides: MoodleDocs
- See upcoming Moodle trainings in SAP Suffeli.