We warmly welcome you to
The 3rd Finnish Symposium on Biological Psychiatry
When: 19 December, 2017 9:00-17:00
Venue: University of Helsinki, Viikki campus, Biocenter 3, lecture hall 2402
The symposium will include:
- Keynote lecture by Isabel Mansuy (University of Zurich) (http://www.hifo.uzh.ch/en/research/mansuy.html)
Dr. Mansuy is Professor in Neuroepigenetics and her research is focused on transgenerational epigenetic inheritance and complex brain functions in mammals
- Talks by leading Finnish investigators in biological psychiatry
Academy Professor Eero Castrén (http://www.helsinki.fi/neurosci/groups/castren.html)
Professor Hasse Karlsson (https://www.utu.fi/en/units/tbmc/research%20groups/karlsson%20hasse/Pages/home.aspx)
University Lecturer Tarja Stenberg (https://www.helsinki.fi/en/researchgroups/sleep-team-helsinki)
- Short talks by young investigators, selected based on submitted abstracts (deadline November 20)
- Posters selected based on submitted abstracts
Target audience: Students, postdocs and faculty working on human genetic and imaging studies in psychiatric diseases, mechanisms of psychiatric diseases, including functional, pharmacological and genetic analyses in model organisms, and related fields.
- Doctoral students will receive credits: 1) Attendance for the whole event + 1 page essay on the scientific content of the symposium = 1 ECTS; 2) Attendance + 1 page assay + poster / oral presentation = 2 ECTS.
- Please register and/or send your abstract at https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/82982/lomake.html. Deadline for abstract submission is on November 20 and for registration without abstract December 5.
We hope to see you there!