UPDATED VERSION (JANUARY 19 2015)
Dear Members and Friends of the Husserl Circle,
The 46th Annual Meeting of the Husserl Circle to Helsinki, Finland, to be held at June 9-12 (Tuesday through Friday), 2015. The meeting will be organized by Subjectivity, Historicity and Communality Research Network and the Philosophical Society of Finland.
The deadline for submissions is February 1, 2015 (12PM EST). Please prepare your submissions for blind review and submit them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presenters will have approx. 30 minutes (roughly 12-14 pp, double-spaced). Please submit either 1) a full paper accompanied by a short 150-word abstract, or 2) a more substantial abstract clearly outlining the paper (500 words). Preference will be given to full paper submissions. Decisions will be communicated by March 1, 2015.
The social program of the event will include two receptions with buffets. In addition, the Rector of the University of Helsinki has cordially invited the participants to a reception on Thursday June 11.
Early June is busy in Helsinki where numerous other events are also taking place. Hence we recommend making the hotel reservations as early as possible, please, see the list of hotels below. The conference venue is the House of Sciences and Letters (Kirkkokatu 6) within walking distance from numerous other hotels as well.
Should you have any questions regarding the conference, please feel free to e-mail at:email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you in Helsinki next year!
Mirja Hartimo & Sara Heinämaa
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Helsinki
Mikonkatu 23, 00100 Helsinki
– Located 10-15 minutes by foot from conference venue, adjacent to central railway station and airport bus terminals.
– Breakfast buffet, free rapid WiFi, gym, room service.
– Average nightly rate for single rooms starting from EUR 220, check current prices and offers at their website. http://www.radissonblu.com/plazahotel-helsinki
Hotel Cumulus Kaisaniemi Helsinki
Kaisaniemenkatu 7, 00100 Helsinki
firstname.lastname@example.org / tel. +358 (0)9 172881
– Located 5-10 minutes by foot from conference venue, near central railway station and airport bus terminals.
– Breakfast buffet, sauna, and free WiFi included.
– Conference offer valid until May 18:
Standard single room: EUR 123/ night.
Standard double room: EUR 131 / night.
– Book by e-mail: email@example.com or phone: +358 9 172881, use reservation code HC2015.
– Check also their list rate of the day and other possible special offers at their website.
Hellsten Helsinki Senate
Kauppiaankatu 5, 00160 Helsinki
– Located 10-15 minutes by foot from conference venue, convenient tram connection.
– Breakfast NOT included, apartments include kitchen. Free WiFi, sauna, and laundromat.
– Conference offer valid until April 30:
Studio Queen Apartment: EUR 99 / night for 1 person, EUR 107/night for two persons.
One Bedroom Queen Apartment: EUR 107 / night / 1 person, EUR 116/night for two persons.
– All apartments include king-size bed, EUR 10 / night for an extra person.
– Book by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, use reservation code HC2015.
tel. +358 9 511 0 5233, http://www.hellstenhotels.fi/Hellsten_Hotel_Apartments/Helsinki_Senate
Linnankatu 9, 00160 Helsinki
– Located 15 minutes by foot from conference venue, convenient tram connection.
– Breakfast NOT included. Breakfast costs EUR 9. Free linen, towel, and morning sauna. Shared bathrooms and shower facilities.
– Conference offer valid until May 8:
45,70 EUR/ person/night, single room,
52,40 EUR/2 persons/night, double room,
49,60 EUR/person/night for one person in a double room.
– Book by e-mail: email@example.com or phone: +358 9 622 0470, use reservation code HC2015.