The deadline for sending abstracts to the twin conferences has been postponed. The new deadline is June 30, 2015. Please send your abstracts of no more than 250 words to smia-helsinki(at)helsinki.fi
The speakers will be informed of acceptance by August 15, 2015.
The registration is now open!
The registration fee for the conference is 100 €/70 € (full fee/student). The last date for registration is September 30, 2015.
The common themes for the twin conferences:
- The Baltic Sea
- Demography, diet and health
- Geophysical prospection
- Scientific dating methods and stratigraphic practices
Call for papers!
We invite presentations on the following topics:
For the X Nordic Meeting on Stratigraphy:
- stratigraphical practices and problem solving
- natural and human impact on urban and rural sites
- geophysical methods and stratigraphy
- underwater stratigraphy
- paleobotanical methods in stratigraphical contexts
For SMIA XI:
- material studies – elemental analyses
- dating methods
- stable isotopes
- geophysical prospection
- osteology and paleopathology
- ancient DNA
- biological indicators
- new methods and techniques
Participants can have two posters or presentations in each conference.
Please send any further inquiries to: paula.kouki(at)helsinki.fi