The My Studies page (http://student.helsinki.fi)
has a calendar view that shows the timetables for your studies. You can export them to your own calendar if you want to. The service also shows your current courses and their materials.
See below a short introduction video of the service:
My Studies contains the following functionalities:
- Easy access to the course pages and Moodle links of your current courses
- Viewing future lectures in the Now in my studies view, either as a list or in the calendar, and exporting them to your own electronic calendar
- Access to your latest completed studies
- Editing of your personal task list
Basic use of the My Studies page
Log in to the My Studies page at student.helsinki.fi.
Below the navigation bar, you can see the upcoming teaching events in your course calendar and your latest completed studies in the study register. Click the options for more information. By clicking Add to your calendar, you can export the content of this view to your own electronic calendar.
On the right-hand side, there is a to do list. When you want to add a new task to your to do list, type it into the “New task…” text box and click the + button.
Further below, there is a Favourites bar which, by default, shows the lunch menu of the closest Unicafe restaurant based on your latest location information. You can add other restaurants, your Unisport bookings or other news from RSS or Twitter feeds to your favourites by clicking the Add new button.
Below these, upcoming teaching events from your course calendar and your latest completed studies from the study register are shown. Click the options for more information. By clicking Add to your calendar, you can transfer the content of this view to your own electronic calendar.
The to do list and list of Useful information based on your study information are shown on the right. Both of these are editable.
You can add an entry to your to do list by typing into the text box New task… and clicking the + button. You can edit the Useful information link list by clicking Edit. After this, type or paste the web address you want to add in the empty text field. You can add a link name (such as “The faculty’s FB page”) by typing it in the blue text field that appears under the link. Finally, add the link to your list by clicking the + button.
Further below, there’s the Favourites bar which, by default, shows the menu of the Unicafe restaurant closest to your latest location information. You can add other restaurants, your Unisport bookings or other news from RSS or Twitter feeds to your favourites by clicking the Add new button.
Instructions for Students
The Instructions for Students tab contains a compilation of instructions related to our studies, general notifications and degree programme-specific information. The instructions site is available at guide.student.helsinki.fi.
You can also access the instructions without logging in. However, when logged in, you can automatically see the instructions and notifications related to your own study programme. If you wish, you can also choose another study programme and read its guidelines.
To make the most of the instructions pages:
- Log in. After logging in, you will notice that your study programme is automatically selected.
- You can look for guidelines either with the search function or under predefined themes. You can also try searching with only the beginning of the word.
- In thematic boxes, you can find guidelines related to each theme. A guidelines document may appear under more than one theme.
- You can arrange the themes as you wish by dragging them. If you are logged in, the order of the themes is saved for subsequent logins.