The SYLFF Association of Helsinki University organizes an annual lunch meeting for SYLFF Fellows on November 6, 2017, 12.00-13.30 at the Department of World Cultures, Unioninkatu 38 B, 1st floor, room B 109. The aim of this seminar is to get to know each other, and talk about research and SYLFF plans for the future.
- The fellows’ seminar at the Department of World Cultures, August 24, 2016.
- The 5th workshop of the Helsinki SYLFF Association: “People, Spaces, and Identities in Movement” on August 25, 2015. Keynote by Dr. Lauren L. Martin (University of Oulu): The Relational and Territorial Politics of Bordering, Identities, and Transnationalization.
- The fellows’ seminar at the Department of World Cultures, January 20, 2015
- The 4th workshop of the Helsinki SYLFF Association: “No Future? Uncertainty and its Control” on December 10, 2013. Keynote by Hirokazu Miyazaki (Cornell University): Hope in the Crack of the Social – A Reflection on the Crisis of Post-Fukushima Japan
- Book launch of Perspectives on Difference and meeting on January 10, 2013.
- The third Sylff publication our local alumni: “Perspectives on Difference: Makings and Workings of Power”, edited by Anni Kajanus and Maylin Meincke, was published in December 2012.
- Hisayo Katsui published a book on the human rights of Ugandan women with disabilities in 2012 (one of the results of her Joint Initiative project).
- Get together meeting with the new fellows January 11, 2011
- The 20th anniversary celebration of the Sylff program at the University of Helsinki, October 14, 2011
- The fellows’ workshop Perspectives on Difference, October 14, 2011
- the book launch of “Local and Global Encounters: Norms, Identities and Representations in Formation,” 26.2.2009, Renvall Institute
- Tuija Veintie and Pirjo Virtanen received the JIP funding for a social action “Tradition in the present. Amazonian designs and oral history at schools in Brazilian Amazonia” 2009-2010.
- Hisayo Katsui and Richard Wamai completed in 2009 their research project “Human Rights-Based Approach to Disability and Health in Development Cooperation” that was funded by JIP award.
- The Sylff seminar “Global and Local Encounters” at the Confucius Institute, September 26,, 2008.
- Seminar proceedings, “Civil Society Reconsidered: A Critical Look at NGOs in Development Practice,” was published in the Helsinki University Insitute of Development Studies Publication Series in 2006.