Welcome to join EU project Baltic Gender Final Conference on 18 June 2020 11:00–13:15 (Finnish time).
Learn about selected products of the Project – initiatives and tools – that support equal chances and gender awareness in environmental science.
How can gender awareness change the way we design and perform our projects? GenderWave is a digitool to integrate gender perspectives into (marine) research project planning. Which measures and activities support structural changes?
We are delighted to announce our final conference, which will be in the format of an online webinar.
Who is it for?
Researchers, lecturers, technicians and administrative staff in marine science and STEM
Gender equality and equal opportunity officers
Gender equality plans core team members
Decision-makers and leaders in higher education
Cruise leaders and participants
Anyone who is interested
Learn and join in the discussion!
We use Zoom as a tool to support the Baltic Gender Webinar.
18 June 2020, BALTIC GENDER Final Conference
We will present four Baltic Gender products which can be used to reduce gender inequalities and support structural changes in marine science. These products are:
- Brochure on structural changes in marine science (Dr Ines Weber, Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel, Germany)
- Brochure on gender sensitive teaching methods (Kiel University of Applied Sciences, Germany)
- GenderWave: a digitool for integration of gender perspectives into marine research and innovation (Dr Helena Valve, Finnish Environment Institute, Finland)
- Measures to prevent sexual harassment or sexualised violence at sea (Nikole Lorenz, GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel, Germany)
- The presentations will be followed by an open discussion led by Prof. Susan Buckingham.