The Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and IGZ – Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops invite young researchers to submit original research papers for presentation at an international workshop on “Emergency Agriculture and Food Security”. Submitted papers should address empirical research questions at the interface of natural sciences, agricultural sciences, development economics and disaster research in these research domains:
1. Forms and representations of emergencies and fragile environments: Role of Conflict and Natural Disasters;
2. Drivers and consequences of food insecurity in emergencies and in fragile environments;
3. Agricultural practices in emergencies;
4. Consequences of food insecurity in emergencies and in fragile environments, especially at the individual level;
5. The role and impact of local and global policy actors for emergency agriculture and food security;
6. Crises, Fragility and Agriculture in Central Asia;
7. New and emerging data sources and indicators; and
8. Methods and techniques.
This call is aimed at doctoral students and post-doctoral researchers from Germany or abroad. Papers for submission should be written in English, be complete and submitted as a single pdf file with a maximum file size of 5MB. Please also attach a short CV in pdf format and send your whole submission by email to email@example.com . The deadline for the submission of papers is 4 April 2016.
Please find more information in the attached document: