Dear exchange student at the UH,
Most of you are probably soon heading home and we would like to thank you for sharing this experience with us!
We hope that you have enjoyed your studies and student life here in Helsinki and will return home with a backpack full of knowledge and great memories!
Important information for returning exchange students
● Check your transcript through WebOodi. Your University of Helsinki username usually works until the end of July. Please save the course descriptions for the credit transfer at your home university as after your UH username expires you won’t be able to login the WebOodi anymore.
● If all of your credits have already been registered before you leave, you can collect your official transcript at the Student Services.
- If your credits have not yet been registered before you leave, please follow these instructions on the website to order your official transcript. UH does not automatically send official transcripts to your home university, so it is important that you’ll remember to order the transcript yourself.
● Return a copy of the transcript to your home university’s international office according to their instructions.
● Your credits will remain in the student register of the University of Helsinki in case you need a transcript later on.
For Erasmus Students
● If you need a signature and stamp for your Erasmus departure certificate, you will get it at the International Exchange Services office. UH does not have its own departure certificates, so if your university did not give you any forms to sign, the transcript is all you need. Please note that the “end of stay” -date is the day you pick up the certificate or up to a maximum of three days after that.
● You can also have your departure certificate signed and stamped at the Student Services (University Main Building, Fabianinkatu 33, 1st floor) on
- 27.5.2016 at 12-15
- 30.05.2016 at 12-15
- 31.5.2016 at 12-15
If all of your credits have already been registered before you leave, you can collect your official transcript also during this time from the student services.
● You can find the International Exchange Services outside these times at the University Main Building. Please check the opening hours on our web page.
Give us feedback!
Encourage other students to come to UH as an exchange student!
We hope that you will tell your fellow students at your home university about your stay in Helsinki. With this you can encourage someone else to come to Helsinki as an exchange student!
The following links may prove useful if you are asked questions on Finland / UH and Helsinki as a place to study.
University of Helsinki on Social Media
How about doing a Master’s Degree at UH?
If you enjoyed your stay at the University of Helsinki and you might consider returning some day, check out our Master’s Degree Programmes from our Degree Finder if you want to join us after graduating from your home university! But please remember that University of Helsinki is currently in the process of a complete renewal of the study programmes. Our aim is to provide you with something new and exciting!
Do you have questions about the study options the University of Helsinki offers? As always, we’ll do our best to guide you through the application process. Just contact the Admissions Services – we are happy to help you!
Please note that the next online application for Master’s programmes is open from mid-December 2016 to the end of January 2017.
Apply for Doctoral Education
Doctoral degrees offered by the University of Helsinki are of a high quality and enjoy international recognition. Doctoral graduates from the University of Helsinki possess excellent skills and knowledge for research work and other demanding expert positions in both Finnish and international businesses and organisations. Would you like to be one of them? Read more on our website.