Welcome to Finland!
While you are here, would you like to have a possibility to interact easily with Finnish people outside your institution and studies? If so, one option is visiting a real Finnish school where you can experience a Finnish classroom by giving the students lectures as a visiting exchange student.
For exchange- and degree students abroad it is often easier to form contact with fellow exchange students rather than people outside the higher education institution. However, at the end of your exchange period one may notice not having possibilities to meet up with Finns, really experiencing the everyday life of the Finnish people. For this we have a suggestion for you: visiting a Finnish school and its staff & students through Erasmus in Schools –project!
Erasmus in Schools offers you:
- a possibility to visit one or more schools (primary, secondary, vocational) at your region or in a town nearby
- a possibility to meet Finnish teachers and pupils
- a possibility to take part in classes of your choice e.g. telling about your home country, teaching language, subject of your study, sports…
- a possibility to form a connection to the school and the teacher/s for possible future cooperation
- 2 movie tickets per one visit
- travelling expenses will be reimbursed when travelling outside the municipality of residence
Your school visit makes a difference to the pupils!
- Pupils get to meet people from other cultures to boost their interests in intercultural communication and foreign cultures
- Your visit encourages them to use foreign languages
- Your visit encourages them to gaze forward to the possibilities of student exchange abroad
Signing up is easy!
- Go to www.erasmusinschools.fi
- Fill in the electronic “Sign up!” sheet under the “Step-by-step instructions” page
- The coordinator, Stefano de Luca, will contact you by email with a school visit suggestion
- Contact the teacher to agree upon the date and content of your school visit
Coordinator for Erasmus in Schools:
Stefano de Luca:
tel. +358 50 354 1607
Student Exchange Services on behalf of CIMO