Our GPRS shield and mascot
We have been working on ship-land-ship communications. We got our server running via cPouta service and our phone is programmed and ready to deliver all the important messages using a mobile internet connection.
Bad news are that our DC-motor stopped co-operating and now we have to find a new one in order to test our boat in action. Everything else is ready for the first swim!
Build marathon day 2: With a bit of convincing our arduino indeed agreed to co-operate. Calibrating our compass and accelometer required some dancing with the hull (see video below) but they are now calibrated. The weather is wonderful and luckily today we are testing and calibrating stuff so we get to go outside.
Väinö is enjoying Finnish summer with our submarine. Arduino was a bit grumpy in the beginning.
Good news again! We got our propeller spinning (see the video at the end of this post). Now we only need to fix our problems with the GPS and Compass and we are very close to the first swim of this beauty!
It’s been a long struggle to get the submarine water proof but after couple weeks of trying we finally got the hull water proof!
No leaking even though we filled the almost the whole hull with water! Hope it works from outside to inside too. We also tested the shaft seals and they weren’t leaking either.
We also connected the rudder to the servo motor and it’s working great!
We just created a website for our AUV-project! Horray! We will be building the site up very soon so stay tuned!