The 17th Annual Conference of the European China Law Studies Association (ECLS) which will take place during 20- 22 September 2023.
The conference will be hosted and organized by the Faculty of Law, University of Helsinki in cooperation with the Finnish China Law Center. The event will take place at the Main Building of the University of Helsinki, Unioninkatu 34, 00100 Helsinki, Finland.
Since the ECLS’s main objective is to encourage comparative and interdisciplinary research on Chinese law, the conference will be a platform for scholars and professionals to exchange ideas about Chinese law and initiate research collaboration.
The Annual Conference Organizing Committee is now inviting submissions. The Conference will highlight legal issues relating to the topics below. Please note that submissions are not necessarily limited to the listed topics.
- Legal Issues of EU-China Relations
- China in the International Legal Order
- Legal Culture, Legal Traditions and Rule of Law Development
- Legal Aspects of the Belt and Road Initiative
- Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure
- Gender Equality in China
- International Human Rights Protection and the Chinese Legal System
- Chinese Law, COVID and the Emergency/Pandemic Preparedness
- Chinese Policy and Presence in the Arctic
- Sustainable Development and the Role of Regulation
- Legal and Economic Issues of International Investment
- Developments in Corporate and Commercial Law
- Cyber Security, Data Privacy and Personal Information Protection
- Artificial Intelligence and Ethics, Big Data and Intellectual Property Law
- Social Credit and the Law, Judicial Reforms and Smart Courts
- Labour Law Developments, Decent Work and Fundamental Labour Rights
- Administrative Law and Administrative Procedure
- China’s Environment, Climate Change and Air Pollution Laws and Policies
Call for papers:
The ECLS welcomes the submission of paper abstracts and panel proposals. Both abstracts (max. 300 words) and proposals for panel sessions (max. 1000 words) should include the title of the paper or panel; name, institution, and email address of the author(s); and up to five keywords.
Abstracts and proposals from young researchers (PhD candidates, MA students, etc.) are welcomed as well. Young scholars’ sessions will be organized as roundtables to be moderated by senior researchers.
Proposals should be submitted via the online submission form. All proposals will be subject to peer-review. The deadline for submissions of abstracts and panel proposals is 19 March 2023, and the deadline for submission of full papers (max. 8000 words) is 18 June 2023.
Further information regarding the call for papers can be found at https://www.helsinki.fi/en/conferences/17th-annual-conference-european-china-law-studies-association/call-papers.
All questions about submissions can be addressed to Professor Björn Ahl (email@example.com).