2011 PhD, Physics (Didactical Physics), University of Helsinki
- Article-based doctoral thesis ”Didactical reconstructions for organizing knowledge in physics teacher education”
- Physics studies for a Higher Degree, 64 cr
2006 Lic. Phil., Physics (Didactical Physics), University of Helsinki
- Licentiate’s thesis: “From fragmented to structured knowledge in physics teacher education“
2003 MSc, Physics (Didactical Physics), University of Helsinki
- Master’s thesis: “Teaching models of electric current in upper secondary school” (translation from Finnish) Thesis in Finnish
- Major in physics (physics education), 174 cr
- Minor in mathematics, 78 cr
- Minor in pedagogy (pedagogical studies for teachers), 70 cr
Additional academic education
- Advanced studies of pedagogy, 14 cr, 2003-2004, University of Helsinki.
- University Pedagogy I, 10 cr, 2006, University of Helsinki.
- Chemistry, 69 cr, 2008, University of Helsinki.
- ”Teaching and learning in virtual university”, OPE.FI II –training, 10 cr, 2002, University of Helsinki.
- “Director in charge of the safety of using radiation” examination, approved by STUK, lower degree 1997, University of Turku.
Other academic and professional courses or schools
- ESERA summer school 2006, 15-22 July 2006, Braga, Portugal
- NSF Summer Institute in Physics and Physical Science for Inservice teachers 2004, special recognition, 19 July to 15 August 2004, University of Washington, Seattle, U.S.
- Faculty Development Workshop on Teaching Physics by Inquiry, 12-16 July 2004, University of Washington, Seattle, U.S.
- Workshops on Physics Education (in 128th AAPT National Meeting, January 2004): Putting the Plus Into Prisms; Physics by Inquiry; Tutorials in Introductory Physics
- Courses on ICT in education organized by Educational center for ICT of University of Helsinki: Teacher in WebCT, 2002; WWW – what to publish in the web and why? 2002; Using PowerPoint in instruction, 2002; BSCW in Instruction, 2003; Moodle in Instruction, 2010; Constructing knowledge using Prezi, 2013
- Finnish (mother tongue), English (excellent), Swedish (fluent), German (basics)
Experience (former positions)
- Postdoctoral Researcher, tutkijatohtori, Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, 1.5.2011-31.8.2012, from which Visiting Postdoctoral Researcher, School of Education and Environment, Kristianstad University, Sweden, 1.8.2011-31.7.2012
- Doctoral student, tohtorikoulutettava, Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, 1.1.2004-1.5.2011 (on maternal leave altogether 3 years during 2006-2010)
- Assistant, acting, assistentti, mvs, Department of Physical Sciences, University of Helsinki, 1.8.-31.12.2003
- Research scientist, tutkimusassistentti, Department of Physical Sciences, University of Helsinki, 1.1.-31.7.2003
- Research assistant, tutkimusavustaja, Department of Physical Sciences, University of Helsinki, 1.1.2001-31.12.2002