On 14th March 2019, members of the group and their allies organised an event with presentations and discussions about issues that affect the working lives of staff and students on campus.
The slides from this event are available to download below. You can watch the event on Unitube.
Chaired by Lucile Turc (Department of Physics) this event presented the many layers of wellbeing at the Faculty with:
- A short introduction to the new Code of Conduct by David Weir (Department of Physics) [slides] [web]
- A presentation of the goals and purpose of departmental wellbeing groups by David Whipp (Institute of Seismology) [slides]
- Welcome words from the Kumpula LGBTI Community founders [slides]
- The main topic of this Colloquium, a presentation on “How to best welcome LGBTI individuals at the Faculty of Science?” by Juulia-Gabrielle Moreau (Department of Geosciences and Geography) [slides], with an invited speaker, Jaana Pirskanen from Seta (LGBTI association of Finland) [slides]
- Final words from the Vice Dean for Societal Interaction, Communication and Equality Issues, Samuli Siltanen (Department of Mathematics).