Chiara Lombardini (formerly Chiara Lombardini-Riipinen)
Department of Economics and Management P.O. Box 27, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, chiara.lombardini at helsinki.fi
Citizenship: Italian and Finnish
Languages: Italian (native), English (excellent), Finnish (fluent)
- University Lecturer in Economics 1.1.2008 –
- Director of the Environmental and Food Economics bachelor program 2017 –
- Fellow of the Helsinki Institute of Sustainability Science
- Fellow of the Teacher’s Academy, University of Helsinki, 2014 –
Previous professional appointments
- Department of Economics and Management, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Helsinki:
- University Lecturer in Environmental Economics, 1.1.2006 – 31.12.2007
- Postdoctoral Assistant in Environmental Economics, 1.8.2004 – 31.12.2005
- University Lecturer in Environmental Economics 1.8.2003 -31.7.2004
- Postdoctoral Assistant in Environmental Economics 1.1.-31.7.2003
- University Lecturer in Environmental Economics 1.8.2001 -31.12.2002
- FDPE research fellow, Department of Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Helsinki, 01.10 -31.12 1998 and 01.04.1999 – 31.07.2001.
- DSocSci in Economics, Department of Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Helsinki, August 2002, supervisor Prof. markku Ollikainen
- Licentiate of Social Science, Faculty of oSocial Sciences, Department of Economics, April 2000, supervisor Prof. markku Ollikainen
- Master of Science in Resource and Environmental Economics, University College London, UK, July 1992, supervisor Prof. D.W. Pearce.
- Degree in Economics and Business Administration – University of Turin, Italy, 110/110 e lode e dignita`di stampa, July 1990, supervisor Prof. Domenico Siniscalco.
Acted as a referee for the following peer-reviewed journals
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Environmental and Development Economics
- International Journal of Consumer Studies
- Journal of Economic Education
University Pedagogy Studies, 68 ects, 2010, University of Helsinki
Courses taught at the Department of Economics and Management, University of Helsinki (2001-2018):
- Basic studies: Principles of mathematics for economists I & II (YE19a &YE19b) 2002 – 2009, Principles of economics (Y55), 2008, 2009, 2011-2016, principles of microeconomics 2017.
- Intermediate studies: Intermediate microeconomics (Y56) 2008-2013, 2016 Intermediate environmental economics (YE3) 2002, 2003, 2005, 2011-2013; Intermediate natural Resource economics (YE4) 2001 – 2006; ecological economics (YE6.2) 2005 – 2006; current issues in environmental and resource economics (YE6.E), 2005.
- Advanced studies: Cost-benefit analysis (YE11 with Prof. Markku Ollikainen) 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013; 2017, Climate change and environmental policy (YE12.3) 2001; Advanced environmental economics (YE9, with Prof. Markku Ollikainen) 2006, 2008.
- Seminars Proseminar (YE7) 2001, 2002-2004, 2006-2010, Seminar 2003-2004 (YE15, with Marko Lindroos).
- Graduate studies NOVA course “An introduction to the experimental economics method with applications to agriculture, forestry, environmental and natural resource economics” 2011.
- Teaching at Palmenia Centre for Continuing Education: Diploma Programme in Environmental Economics 2008-2010.
- Intensive Course on Environmental Economics for the employees of the China Development Bank, 6-17 May 2013.
Theses supervision: I have supervised 13 master’s theses and well over 20 Bachelor’s theses. I am presently supervising two PhD thesis. I have acted as an evaluator of master’s theses from other majors.