We’re running some updates and fixes to the blog service on next Friday between 9 and 11 AM. There will be several service breaks, so please refrain from working on blog service during the update.
Here are the most notable changes and fixes:
- Web server will be changed from Apache to NGINX which should fix the nasty issues when watching embedded videos on Safari or iOS-devices
- Some Rewrite-issues that have prevented us from installing plugins will be fixed
- WordPress core will be updated to version 5.7.1
- GDPR-compliant cookie consent dialog will be added to the site
We’re also adding some new plugins:
NextGenGallery – an image gallery plugin
- AddToShare – a plugin that adds social media sharing buttons
- Open Graph and OC Tags – a plugin that allows blog owners/editors to configure their Facebook/social media preview
- WP Table Builder – an easy table builder plugin (not the pro version though, sorry)
- Akismet anti-spam plugin will be replaced with Zero Spam
- Multisite Custom CSS for those who like to customise their CSS
We’re also adding an analytics-plugin called “Beehive Pro” that allows editors to track their blogs with Google Analytics. We’re still learning the ropes with this one, so it should be considered a “beta release” until we publish some instructions and implementation guidelines. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous (or simply know what you’re doing), feel free to try it out.
Edit: Unfortunately NextGallery doesn’t seem to play nice with multisite installations such as ours. We’ll try to find a suitable replacement.