The Conferment festivities stretch over 4 days, 8-11 June, 2022
- Honorary doctors’ symposium, Biomedicum Hall 1, at 9-16, open for everyone
- Exhibition in the aula
Thu 9.6.2022 the preceding day
- Rehearsal of the Conferment Act in the Great Hall of the University Main Building at 14:30 p.m., compulsory for all promovendi (not their avecs). Dress according to the dress code of the Dean’s dinner, alternatively Sword-whetting dinner.
- Rector’s reception at 17:00 p.m. in the Kristiina-hall, right after the rehearsal (avecs are welcome)
- Dean’s dinner at 18:30 p.m. for the honorary doctors and their avecs and invited guests
- Sword-whetting dinner for the doctoral graduands and their avecs at restaurant Pörssi at 18:00 p.m.
Fri 10.6.2022 Conferment day
- Conferment Act in the Great Hall of the University at 11-15, gathering for all promovendi (doctoral promovendi, honorary doctors, doctores semiseculares) and other registered at 10:30 in the aula, other guests go directly into the Hall (doors closed at 10:45)
- Procession to the Helsinki Cathedral / The National Library
- Conferment Church Service at the Cathedral or a nondenominational event in the Cupola Hall of the National Library, beginning between 14 and 15 p.m.. Avecs welcome.
- Conferment Banquet at Restaurant Kalastajatorppa, beginning between 18:30 and 19:15 p.m.. Only for invited guests and their avecs.
Sat 11.6.2022 following day
- Conferment lunch in honour of the Conferrer at 12:00 p.m. in the Observatory Hill Park (Address Kopernikuksentie 1); excursion to the Observatory. Open for the honorary doctors (avec), the jubilee doctors (avec) and those promovendi who are conferred as present (no avec).