The latest FORMakademisk issue, Vol. 9 No 1 (2016) presents five articles based on presentations in symposium Embodied making and design learning:
- Embodied Making, Creative Cognition and Memory by Marte Sørebø Gulliksen
- Personal Exploration: Serendipity and intentionality as altering positions in a creative process by Maarit Mäkelä
- How can neuroscience help understand design and craft activity? The promise of cognitive neuroscience in design studies by Pirita Seitamaa-Hakkarainen, Minna Huotilainen, Maarit Mäkelä, Camilla Groth and Kai Hakkarainen
- Design and Craft thinking analysed as Embodied Cognition by Camilla Groth
- Material knowledge in collaborative designing and making – A case of wearable sea creatures by Tellervo Härkki, Pirita Seitamaa-Hakkarainen and Kai Hakkarainen
The symposium was part of Learn X Design conference, held in sunny (mostly) sunny Chicago, IL USA, June 28-30, 2015.
In addition to the authors listed above, also two other presenters were heard: Catharine DISHKE-HONDZEL, PhD, Western University, Canada, and Joel LOPATA, PhD, Western University, Canada. After the public part of the symposium, all the facilitators from the three research groups that organised the symposium took some time to plan for the future.