When I feel unproductive because of my environment or tools, I try to recite that Bukouski’s poem. But sometimes good tools help. Here are mine.
- Place: my daughter’s IKEA desk and chair in her room. I enjoy watching the tree outside the window.
- Main computer: 15 inch MacBook Pro on a reading stand with an Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse
- Reference management: Zotero with a Brave extension (zotero connector)
- Writing: Overleaf (online LaTeX editor) and R Markdown (solo); google docs (w/ non-tech or many co-authors)
- Meeting software: Zoom
- Capture/switchboard: Blackmagicdesign Atem Mini
- Camera: Lumix DMC-GX80 (w/ Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm 1: 1,8)
- Microphone: Audio Technica ATR2500X USB
- Extra input: iPad Air (1st generation) to show slides and notes with a universal stylus pen
- Slides: Overleaf, R Markdown, and Keynote