HOW TO GET THERE?
The central hotels and the conference venue are accessible from Helsinki Airport. The airport has both a train and a bus connection to the main railway station in downtown Helsinki (less than 10 minutes’ walk to the conference venue). We recommend using the airport trains, but the Finnair Airport Bus is also a convenient way of travelling. See Helsinki Region Transport’s Journey Planner for more information.
All participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements and travel costs.
You are free to choose your hotel, but MLE guests may get rooms at reduced rates at our conference hotels, all of them within a 10-minute walking distance from the conference venue (Topelia block) and the university main building. Info on MLE codes and rates at the hotels from Ari Helo at ari.helo[at]helsinki.fi
Address: Vuorikatu 19, Helsinki
– Tel. +358-9-173 441
– Email: reception[at]hotelarthur.fi
– Online (note, you need to first turn the number of persons to one person in order to see the vacant rooms):
Sokos Hotel on Kluuvikatu (Sokos Hotels)
Address: Kluuvikatu 8, Helsinki
– Tel.: +358 20 1234 600 / individual room reservations
– Telefax: +358 20 1234 640
– Email: sokos.hotels[at]sok.fi
– Online (be careful to reserve the room from the hotel on Kluuvikatu 8, Helsinki, Sokos Hotels have several hotels in Helsinki):
Cumulus City Hotel in Kaisaniemi
Address: Kaisaniemenkatu 7, Helsinki
Tel. +358 20 045 646