As the conference venue is in central Helsinki, there are many hotels within easy walking distance. Public transit in the city is efficient and reliable, and those staying further than a short walk from the conference venue can easily get to Metsätalo by tram, metro or bus.
We kindly ask all participants to arrange their own accommodation. The following hotels should give you a discount if you mention you are visiting the University of Helsinki when you book. Room prices in these hotels start from about €100 for a single, and range to about €150 for a double.
In order of proximity, closest first:
Next to conference venue (<10 min walk)
Near conference venue (<20 min walk)
- Omenahotel Yrjönkatu – Omenahotels are the traveller’s budget option
- Omenahotel Lönnrotinkatu
- Next Hotel Rivoli Jardin
- Best Western Katajanokka – stay in a former prison!
A bit further off
Helsinki also has its share of hostels, for instance:
- Eurohostel – on the island district of Katajanokka (20min walk)
- Hostel Academica – located next to Hietaniemi cemetery and park (25min walk from Metsätalo)
- Hostel Suomenlinna – really on an island, catch the ferry from the Market Square (10min walk + 15min ferry ride)
- Stadion Hostel – stay at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium! (40min walk or 25min by tram/bus)
See also the Helsinki Tourist Board’s accommodation pages. You can also use a global website like booking.com to find a place to stay (or cheaper room prices). Booking early is recommended for cheaper prices.
Conference venue and hotels on a map
Click on the link below the map to view a larger map
[cetsEmbedGmap src=https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200215768043507722386.0004f25bbba47a6a49418&msa=0&ll=60.173,24.945&spn=0.023179,0.063858 width=350 height=425 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no]