In their efforts to promote gender equality, the UN General Assembly has declared February 11th as the International Day of Women and Girls in Science. SciDev.net will be hosting a Twitter discussion on such day (1-3pm GMT) by the hashtag #SciWomen. Topics will include:
– How can we break down barriers and better support women in STEM?
– How do challenges vary by region and context?
– Success stories: What works where, and what has failed?
– Has the time come to get radical? What would radical approaches togender
equality look like in different regions?
– Is the focus on conventional STEM blinkered to innovation that
flourishes in informal spaces?
Welcome to join the discussion!