In memoriam our dear colleague and friend Eszter Gantner,
who made this special issue possible.
Russian Media Lab Network announces the publication of a special issue for EuropeNow (https://www.europenowjournal.org). This special feature includes research papers, presented at recent workshop “Politics of e-Heritage: Production and regulation of digital memory in Eastern Europe and Russia”, organized by the Herder Institute for Historical Research on East Central Europe, the Aleksanteri Institute – University of Helsinki and CEES at the University of Glasgow. The issue was guest edited by Eszter Ganter and Olga Dovbysh.
Issue 29 “Digitization of Memory and Politics in Eastern Europe”
Table of content:
- Introduction by Eszter Gantner and Olga Dovbysh
- “Obsessed with History: Conflicting Digital Narratives in East Central Europe” by Eszter Gantner
- “The Instrumentalization of the Soviet Past: the Production of a Digital Memory” by Vera Zvereva
- “Internet, Museums and Politics: Project Outline and Literature Review” by Tadeusz Wojtych
- “Thinking Heritage Digitally: Examples from Contemporary Serbia” by Stefan Trajković-Filipović
- “European History Reloaded: The Case of Czechoslovak Communism” by Adéla Gjuričová
- “Different and Related: Experiences from the Project ‘Monuments and Artworks in East-Central Europe Research Infrastructure (FoKO)’” by Ksenia Stanicka-Brzezicka and Emilia Kloda
- “Likeable Pasts: Historical Urban Views on Facebook” by Piotr Kisiel