The research project “Climate Sustainability in the Kitchen: Everyday Food Cultures in Transition” at Gender Studies, University of Helsinki, is hiring
A RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Approximately for the period March 15, 2021 – September 15, 2021 (six months part-time, July off)
- Assisting project researchers in the process of publishing an academic book titled “Developing feminist animal studies: critical perspectives on food and eating”. More specifically, tasks include taking part in coordinating the publishing process, communicating with authors of chapters and the publisher, compiling an index, proofreading texts in English or organising proofreading, checking lists of references, anonymising the manuscript for peer review and other task related to the editing process.
- Updating the project website and social media channels
- Taking part in organising project-related events
- Helping project researchers with data management and collection
- Other assisting tasks related to the project work
Skills, experience and other requirements
- The applicant must be a current MA student at University of Helsinki
- Excellent command of Finnish and English, including in writing
- Interest in learning about and participating in the process of international academic publishing
- An asset: background in Gender Studies (e.g. you are MA student in Gender Studies, or you have completed a study module or courses in Gender Studies)
- An asset: interest in feminist animal studies, veganism, environmental humanities and/or climate sustainability
- An asset: background and/or experience in language editing, proofreading in English.
- An asset: experience and skills in conducting research / academic writing in social science or humanities
Salary: depending on the stage of studies either MV4+10% (2088,09€/month/full time work) or MV4+16% (2201,98 €/month/full time work).
Please send your CV, letter of motivation (both in English) and a transcript of your studies (opintosuoritusote) to kadri.aavik(at)helsinki.fi, kuura.irni(at)helsinki.fi and milla-maria.joki(at)helsinki.fi by February 15, 2021.
Interviews with selected candidates will take place in the second half of February.
For more information about the project, please see here.