- Welcome to the refurbished campus library in autumn 2018
- Library services during the renovations
The Kumpula Campus Library will be closed for summer 2018 due to renovation. The last day the library will be open before the renovation will be Friday, 18 May 2018.
The library’s facility upgrade project is connected with a broader project that involves the Faculty of Science and the University’s Student Services. The library’s aim is to create a versatile and flexible learning environment on the first floor, as well as in a space approximately half of the current area on the second floor.
- The current number of work spaces for customers (240) will be maintained.
- Facilities for group and quiet work will be maintained at the current level, but their location will be reconsidered.
- Electronic material will be increasingly available in the learning environment.
- Book loan and return counters will be refurbished.
The space vacated by the Campus Library on the second floor will be taken over by the Faculty of Science research staff. The plan is to use the facilities that will remain as part of the library also for new kinds of student services and special examination rooms.
Faculty personnel’s 24h access to the Kumpula campus library to end on May 18th, 2018
Members of faculty personnel with access to Chemicum, Exactum, or Physicum have received also 24h access to the Campus Library, with a separate application.
The practice of granting the 24-hour access to the library will be discontinued and the access rights will be terminated on Friday May 18th, 2018. After the renovation, the library’s facilities are available to faculty staff during opening hours.
When the Kumpula Campus Library is closed, please contact the Main Library Kaisa House customer service at the 3rd floor. The customer service is open as normal until the Midsummer, after which the customer service is open Mon-Fri 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (June 25th – August 26th). We try to answer e-mails during the following working day.
Students can’t get material from the Kumpula Campus Library during the renovations. On Wed May 9th onwards reservations from the Kumpula Campus Library will be moved without further notice to Kaisa House.
Loans from Kumpula Campus Library will receive a due date on September 18th as follows:
- 28 day loans starting on April 19th
- 14 day loans (textbooks) starting on May 3rd.
When the library is closed, please use the the return box on the right side of Physicum’s main entrance (Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2a), next to the gray side door. The box is emptied on Monday mornings at 9 o’clock. Your loans may not necessarily appear as returned immediately and fines will be collected if the loans are overdue.
Loans can also be returned to the Kaisa House during opening hours or when the library is closed, use the return unit on Fabianinkatu.
- Collection removal at Kumpula carried out in early 2018.
- Kumpula’s books as long-term loan on or after April 19th. Four week loans will fall due on September 18th, 2018. Long loan periods for two week loans start on May 3rd.
- Pop-up event of the library’s renovation on Wed April 25th in the Physicum’s lobby
- 24h access to the Kumpula Campus Library to end on May 18th, 2018
- The last day the Kumpula Campus Library will be open before the renovation will be Friday, 18 May 2018.
- The refurbished library will open in autumn 2018. The schedule will be specified at a later date.