The group mentoring 2021–2022 starts in November and it is the 11th season of the programme. Students can apply by the 10ht of October. The groups will be filled in order of registration, so act fast!
In group mentoring you as a student will get the opportunity to discuss different career paths and their strengths related to job hunting. The group brings added value, as students receive the support not only of their mentors, but also peers in the same situation.
After the previous season of the group mentoring programme 100 % of the actors and mentors who answered to the feedback survey recommended taking part in the mentoring process!
– I came to understand my strengths better and got many new ideas for searching for a job and developing my professional skills, says one of the actors who participated in programme previously.
7 ENGLISH-SPEAKING MENTORING GROUPS (45 IN TOTAL)
The application time for students is 27th of September–10th of October 2021. The groups will be filled in order of registration and you need to hand in an assignment with the application. This year there are groups that will meet completely remotely and groups which can decide together if they want to meet live.
The programme is being organized for the 11th time and the following events are for all participants:
- Question hours for mentors and actors in Zoom 16.11. on Zoom (16–17 pm for actors)
- The group mentoring kick-off on 24.11.2021 at 17.00–19.00 on Zoom
- Group meetings (5–6 times)
- The group mentoring closing on May 23rd, 2022.
The programme offers a choice of 45 mentors (7 English speaking), who are University of Helsinki alumni representing different fields in society. The background of studying at the University of Helsinki joins them all all. You may read their descriptions on the programmes website here.
The programme is organised by UH Career services together with Helsinki Alumni -network.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org