Skip to content
Selection of our past research projects
- Shocks and MagnetoSheaths in the Heliosphere (SMASH): Academy of Finland project (2017 – 2021), PI: Tuija Pulkkinen, Aalto, co-PI: Emilia Kilpua, UH
- Towards electron-scale modelling of space plasmas: Observations and Modelling (TEMPO): Academy of Finland project (2017 – 2021), PI: Minna Palmroth, UH, Co-PI: Rami Vainio, University of Turku
- The Foreshock and its Role in Solar-Terrestrial relations (FRoST), Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship (2017-2019). FRoST uses the Vlasiator model and spacecraft observations in the near-Earth’s environment to understand how the foreshock properties are modified during solar storms and which role this turbulent region plays in the solar wind-magnetosphere coupling. PI: Minna Palmroth, UH. Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellow: Lucile Turc, UH.
- Hybrid-Vlasov simulations of solar and magnetospheric plasmas (VLASOV): Academy of Finland project (2014 – 2017), PI: Minna Palmroth, UH, Co-PI: Rami Vainio, University of Turku
- HEliospheric Cataloguing, Analysis and Techniques Service (HELCATS), FP7 funded consortium project, (PI: Richard Harrison, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK)
- Solar Wind Fluctuations and Magnetosheath Transport (SWIFT) (2013-2017), Academy of Finland project (PI: Tuija Pulkkinen, Aalto) Funding: Academy of Finland