In the previous years Professor Tynkkynen and his research team have taken part in the following projects:
- ‘Assessing Intermediary Expertise in Cross-Border Arctic Energy Development’, 2015-2018, The Academy of Finland’s Arctic Academy Programme (ARKTIKO)
- ‘Energy and supply security: anticipating geopolitical and strategic transitions from a security policy perspective’, Funding from the Prime Minister’s Office (Strategic Funding), 2017-2018
- ‘Mermaid – Identifying risks and opportunities in maritime transport and tourism in the Arctic’, Funding from the Prime Minister’s Office (Strategic Funding), 2015-2016.
- ‘Russia’s final energy frontier – Sustainability challenges of the Russian Far North’, a Joint Call – AoF and JSPS, Japan. Partner in Japan: Hokkaido University. 2014-2016.
- A researcher training project ‘Interaction and Cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region – Coping with a Variety of Institutions, Practices, and Values’, the Nordic Council of Ministers, Russia Cooperation. 2014-2015.
You can learn more about the projects on their pages in this section.