At the moment the Research group on the Russian Environment is running these projects:
- ‘Opportunities for and challenges to urban development and social cohesion in Russia’s Arctic under climate change impacts’, ERA Net Russia call, Academy of Finland, 2018-2021.
- ‘Live, Work or Leave? Youth – wellbeing and the viability of (post) extractive Arctic industrial cities in Finland and Russia‘, Academy of Finland & RFBR Arctic call, 2018-2020.
- Finnish-Japanese Arctic Studies Program, Ministry of Education Finland (EDUFI), 2018-2019.
- ‘Promoting Urban Sustainability in the Arctic’, Academy of Finland, 2016-2020.
- ‘From Failand to Winland’, Strategic Research Council, Academy of Finland, 2016-2019.
You can get more information about the current projects on the projects’ pages in this section. Read more about the past projects here.
In addition to the projects managed by our team, Professor Tynkkynen is also one of the leaders of “Socio-economics – Integration” working group of the PEEX programme. More information on the working group is available here.
All projects’ participants take part in the bimonthly-organised research seminar “Russian and Post-socialist environment and energy”, led by Professor Tynkkynen. Scholars from undergraduate to postdoctoral levels take part in it, where they can discuss their research and projects.