- Interested in the future of European higher education and student involvement?
- Motivated when you can shape how a project is developed?
- Looking to work with like-minded students in an international environment to make an impact?
- Ready to use your voice to change hearts and minds at the University of Helsinki and in European higher education?
Then this is for you!
Una Europa is a European University Alliance, where the University of Helsinki together with eight other European Universities are striving to create a common European campus and build the European university of the future. Among other things this includes developing joint degrees, virtual and blended mobility, building a common student community and developing new formats of education and mobility.
Una Europa has five thematic areas: sustainability, European studies, Cultural heritage, One Health, and AI. If any of these themes or topics are of interest to you, there is a place for you in the Una Europa Local Task Force!
We are recruiting students for two teams to bring awareness about Una Europa among our students and make sure that all our students can benefit and participate in this alliance.
- Develop, strategise and create content for the Una Europa Helsinki blog (where you are currently reading this)
- Brainstorm and write stories for internal channels about Una Europa
- Social media – work with the Student Union, the University of Helsinki social media team and others to create and share news about Una Europa opportunities
- Support the monthly student newsletter
- Work with the Una Europa Student Board – they are launching a publication for students across Una Europa and this team will be supporting that
- Help create a long-term and sustainable communication strategy for Una Europa at the University of Helsinki
Community engagement team:
- Connect with like-minded student associations and strengthen the networks for communication and common advocacy, events and other initiatives
- Networking and coalition building between relevant stakeholders – help develop a strategic vision for how to embed Una Europa within the university
- Plan and host events for students about topics within the scope of Una Europa, both online and in person, including monthly events at the Guidance Corner
- Create campaigns and other initiatives together with the communication team
- Work with the Student Board on Una Europa level to localize and co-create events including the student congress for all Una Europa students
The content and roles of the two teams and the team members will be co-developed with the selected applicants during February. The aim is for the two teams to work in close collaboration and define the tasks on an ongoing manner. This is an open and co-creative space. We want you to share your thoughts and ideas, and to think and dream big!
What’s in it for you?
- You get to be part of a motivated team of fellow students passionate about education, learning and internationalization!
- The opportunity to work in an international environment, both at the university and also within the wider Una Europa student community
- Be part of creating something from scratch that has the attention of the university leadership and will make a difference both at our university and on European level
- Access to financial and staff resources to make your ideas into reality
If this sounds like something for you, apply right here!
The deadline is Friday 28.1.2022 at 23.59.
- The working language of these task forces will be English.
- When applying for these positions we are expecting that you will be available throughout the spring semester (February-May/June), but this can be negotiated. There will be space to indicate your situation in the application form.
- In terms of time commitment we would prefer that you are able to spend at least a few hours on this every week (2-5 hours) and also attend meetings every two weeks. This is a initial aim, but we are flexible and considerate of each student’s situation.
Selection will be done the first week of February and all applicants will be informed when selection has been finalised. We approach this with an open mind and therefore don’t have a strict number of positions. The number of selected participants depends on the number and motivation of applications.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the project coordinator for Una Europa and student engagement Stinne Vognaes at Stinne.email@example.com.
4 thoughts on “Apply for the Una Europa Local Task Force!”
We hope to receive your application Annika! 🙂
Is this a job or volunteer work?
Sorry we didn’t see your comment in time! This is a volunteer position.