Below we’ve collected some things you can do in and around Helsinki, hopefully these activities makes autumn and the shorter days a little easier for you.
- Take a break from studying and go for a walk in the nature. What could be more beautiful than the colorful leaves in the trees. One place to get close to nature is the Finnish Nature Centre Haltia.
- Check out the sports activities organized by Unisport.
- Check out the traditional Herring Market at the Market Square, October 6th to 12th, 2013.
- Visit the Carnival of Light at the Linnanmäki amusement park, October 12th to 20th, 2013.
- Go see a movie in one of the several movie festivals: Love & Anarchy September 19th to 29th, Cinemaissi October 16th to 20th, Night Visions October 10th to November 3rd. For a full list of all the movie festivals, visit the Cinemania website.
- Join the next Restaurant Day with your own restaurant or just go and enjoy the food and atmosphere, November 16th 2013.
- Follow the Finnish Autumn traditions by lighting a candle, putting on warm woollen socks, sipping a hot drink and reading a good book in the warmth of your sofa.
Wish you a nice Autumn,
Anna & Emilia
Photo by 123rf