The group mentoring 2022–2023 starts in November and it is the 12th season of the programme. Students can apply by the 9ht of October. The groups will be filled in order of registration, so act fast!
In group mentoring you as a student will get the opportunity to discuss different career paths and their strengths related to job hunting. The group brings added value, as students receive the support not only of their mentors, but also peers in the same situation.
After the previous season of the group mentoring programme nearly 100 % of the actors and mentors who answered to the feedback survey recommended taking part in the mentoring process!
– Mentoring was a safe space to discuss about professional prospects after my degree. I received some good advice and encouragement, says one of the actors who participated in programme last year.
7 ENGLISH-SPEAKING MENTORING GROUPS (33 IN TOTAL)
The application time for students is from 26th of September 9th to October 2022. The groups will be filled in order of registration, and you need to hand in an assignment with the application. This year there are groups that will meet completely remotely and groups which can decide together if they want to meet live.
The programme is being organized for the 12th time and the following events are for all participants:
- Question hours for mentors and actors in Zoom 15.11. on Zoom (16–17 pm for actors)
- The group mentoring kick-off on 23.11.2022 at 17.00–19.00 on Viikki campus
- Group meetings (5–6 times)
- The group mentoring closing on May 22nd, 2023, on Viikki campus.
The programme offers a choice of 33 mentors (7 English speaking), who are University of Helsinki alumni representing different fields in society. The background of studying at the University of Helsinki joins them all all. You may read their descriptions on the programmes website here.
The programme is organised by UH Career services together with Helsinki Alumni -network.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org