National research projects and networks
–Youth research society, the aqualitative follow-up study of age group born 2000, done in several towns and cities in Finland. Coordinated by Doc. Sinikka Aapola, starting 2015
– Several research projects by Professor Tuula Gordon
– Feasible Futures – Transitions of Socioeconomically Disadvantaged Young People by Sanna Aaltonen (Post Doctoral Project by Academy of Finland)
– Learning to be Citizens: Ethnographic and Life Historical Perspectives, (by Professor Elina Lahelma, funded by Academy of Finland)
– The Research Unit of Cultural and Feminist Studies in Education (led by Professor Elina Lahelma)
– Citizenship, Agency and Difference in Vocational Upper Secondary Education – In the Era of Neo-Liberal Restructuring, (grant application, led by Elina Lahelma)
– Behind the scenes of society (BeSS): Young people, Identity and Social Capital (led by Professor Helena Helve, funded by Academy of Finland)
– Trans-group, research collective focusing on youth transitions.
– Finnish Youth Research Network
– Education and Difference (EDI) (interdisciplinary nationwide research network)
– Many Routes to Adulthood – Changing Cultural Age Orders in Finland (led by Docent Sinikka Aapola-Kari, funded by University of Helsinki.)
– Professor Janet Holland in South Bank University London, project Tracing transitions and Families and Social Capital ESRC Research Group
– Professor Rachel Thomson and Doctor Mary Jane Kehily at the Open University, U.K.
– EU-project INTERFACE –Immigrants and national integration strategies
– Nordic Youth Research Symposium (NYRIS)