An article about Romanian locations and Hateg Island
Mátyás Vremir, Ramona Balc, Zoltán Csiki-Sava, Stephen L. Brusatte, Gareth
Dyke, Darren Naish & Mark A. Norell (2014) Petresti-Arini
Cretaceous Research 49: 13-38
- •Romania boasts some of the most unusual, insular dinosaurs in the fossil record.
- •A new site preserves a unique late Campanian–earliest Maastrichtian fossil record.
- •Dinosaurs and pterosaurs from this site are the oldest from the Haţeg Island.
- •The Haţeg Island fauna was becoming established by the late Campanian.
- •The site may suggest the earliest Haţeg faunas were somewhat distinct from later ones.