This post is also available in: Finnish
Reading tables are reserved first in the library. In the afternoons 71% of the Kaisa House’s reading places are full, while in the morning and evening there is more room.
The number of reading places has been increased in all our library locations during 2015-2018, and new ideas for better use of our premises are being developed all the time. Changes are made, for example, in the Main Library’s 7th floor and the Kumpula Campus Library this spring.
You can help us! Make sure that there are enough reading places for as many as possible
Some of the reading tables are intended for University of Helsinki students, researchers and staff exclusively.
Make sure your belongings don’t take over the places near you. Take care of your belongings, and watch out for thieves.
When using a reading table you may leave for a short period, but no longer than 30 minutes.
See more our common library rules!
Next time the Main Library is packed, remember these
There are good reading and study places also in the campus libraries, as well as in the learning centres and other libraries near the city centre campus.
- Meilahti Campus Library, Terkko Health Hub, Haartmaninkatu 4
- Kumpula Campus Library, Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2
- Viikki Campus Library, Viikikaari 11A
- Learning Centre Aleksandria, Fabianinkatu 28
- Learning Centre Minerva, Siltavuorenpenger 5A
- National Library, Unioninkatu 35
- Library of Parliament, Aurorankatu 6.