Assemble a stellar team and let the world know about your business idea!
Come join biotechnology experts on the European Biotech Week on lectures, school events, seminars and networking events virtually all across Finland! EuropaBio organizes the annual European Biotech Week Sep. 27th – Oct. 3rd 2021. The event is coordinated in Finland by Finnish Bioindustries ry. with an aim to raise awareness about the latest accomplishments and opportunities in Europe and Finland. You can read more about the program for the Biotech Week here.
The week culminates on a pitching competition for students with spectacular prizes! The winning team is awarded with 1000€ and a spot at the Nasdaq MarketSite in New York City’s Times Square. All teams will get professional feedback and valuable pitching experience in front of a board of experts.
The aim of the pitching competition is to encourage students to take a more positive stand towards biobusiness and entrepreneurship. Finnish Bioindustries invites all the students in Finnish universities and universities of applied sciences (bachelor, master, doctoral, graduate school students) to participate in the competition. Registration opens on May 3rd and closes on the 20th of August.
- Applications accepted
- from May 3, 2021
- Deadline for the application
- August 20
- Announcement of the finalists
- August 30
- Lecture: Introduction to Pitching
- September 3
- Pitching Coaching
- September 13-21
- Coaching Q&A
- September 22
2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Pitching Competition Final
- October 1
2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
University of Helsinki, Tiedekulma, Yliopistonkatu 4
- BioFinland Pitching Competition is for students in Finnish universities and universities of applied sciences
- Competition is organized by Finnish Bioindustries, the board of which chooses the finalists based on the applications and judges the winner
- The number of finalists is not fixed
- The language of the competition is English
- The competition is organized during the European Biotech Week
- The teams can consist of 1-5 students
- All teams will receive professional feedback
- The award of the competition is 1000 €, which the team can use freely
- Winner of the Competition gets a picture to the Nasdaq MarketSite in New York City’s Times Square, the picture will be stored and delivered after the competition to the winners
- Fill in the application form for the competition before deadline
- Name your group and business idea
- List the team members
- The more practical and realistic your proposal is the higher the probability of success
- You can use your imagination!
- Try to describe the business idea as compactly as possible
- You can add attachments (doc, pdf, jpg, gif, png) to your application
Carmela Kantor-Aaltonen, firstname.lastname@example.org,
p. 050 404 5166
Good luck with the competition!