The group mentoring 2020–2021 starts in November and it is the 10th anniversary of the programme. Students can apply by the 11ht of October 2020. The groups will be filled in order of registration, so act fast!
In group mentoring you as a student will get the opportunity to discuss different career paths and their strengths related to job hunting. The group brings added value, as students receive the support not only of their mentors, but also peers in the same situation.
After the previous season of the group mentoring programme nearly 100 % of the mentors and actors recommended taking part in the mentoring process!
– I came to understand my strengths better and got many new ideas for searching for a job and developing my professional skills, says one of the actors who participated in programme in season 2020–21.
8 ENGLISH-SPEAKING MENTORING GROUPS (40 IN TOTAL)
The application time for students is 28th of September – 11th of October 2020. The groups will be filled in order of registration and you need to hand in an assignment with the application.
The programme is being organized for the 10th time and the following events are for all participants:
- Question hours for mentors and actors in Zoom 18.11.2020 (16–17 pm for actors)
- The group mentoring kick-off on 25.11.2020 at 17.00–19.00
- Group meetings (5– 6 times)
- The group mentoring closing in May 2021
The programme offers a choice of 40 mentors (8 English speaking), who are University of Helsinki alumni representing different fields in society. The background of studying at the University of Helsinki joins them all all. You may read their descriptions on the programmes website here.
Read comments and experiences from actors and mentors last year on this blog post.
The programme is organised by UH Career services together with Helsinki Alumni -network.