Venue: Biomedicum 1, Meeting room B236a
Timing: 15:30 – 17:00
Speaker: Liye He, PhD Student, Group Aittokallio, FIMM
LICHeE (Lineage Inference for Cancer Heterogeneity and Evolution) is a novel computational model to reconstruct the tumour phylogenies and tumour sub-clone decomposition by utilising the presence patterns of somatic single nucleotide variants (SSNVs) across multiple samples and their variant allele frequencies (VAFs).
The link for the paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25944252
Venue: Biomedicum 1, Seminar room 1-2
Timing: 16:00 – 17:30
Speaker: Simon Anders, FIMM-EMBL Group Leader
(i) DESeq is a Bioconductor package for analysis of RNA-Seq data that we developed and which became one of the most widely used tools for this purpose. The history of this project offers some useful lessons on how to design, author, publish, disseminate and advertise bioinformatics software with impact, i.e, such that it finds wide use by the research community.
at Lammi Biological Station, April 14-15, 2016.
The 9th Finnish Cell Biology Symposium at Lammi is open to everyone interested so please feel very welcome to attend!
DEADLINE for registration and abstract submission is Friday April 1st, 2016. Number of participants is limited to 80.
Register at: https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/68242/lomake.html
Plenary lecture: Pekka Lappalainen (Institute of Biotechnology, Helsinki): TBA
- Johanna Englund (Katajisto lab, Helsinki): Stem cell activity in mammary epithelial cells is regulated by extracellular matrix attachment
- Josef Gullmets (Eriksson lab, Turku): Nuclear lamins in stress and disease
- Antti Hassinen (Kellokumpu lab, Oulu): Organizational interplay between Golgi N-glycosyltransferases
- Noora Kotaja (Kotaja lab, Turku): RNA regulation in haploid male germ cells
- Darshan Kumar (Jokitalo lab, Helsinki): TBA
- Inari Kursula (Kursula lab, Oulu): TBA
- Ying Liu (Hietakangas lab, Helsinki): A novel nutrition-dependent regulator of growth
- Ponnuswamy Mohanasundaram (Eriksson lab, Turku): Vimentin regulates growth signaling
- Ilya Nevzorov (Vartiainen lab, Helsinki): Unconventional nuclear import mechanism of myosin 1c
- Ville Paavilainen (Paavilainen lab, Helsinki): Mycobacterial macrolide targets the Sec61 protein translocon to suppress immune responses
- Nina Rintanen (Ylänne lab, Jyväskylä): Filamins as mechanosensors
- Kari Vaahtomeri (Alitalo / Wihuri Research Institute, Helsinki): Mechanisms of dendritic cell entry into the lymphatic capillaries