CIMULACT: Engaging all of Europe in the shaping of a desirable sustainable future
CIMULACT is a three-year project funded by the European Union whose aim is to engage more than 1000 citizens in 30 countries in Europe, along with a wide range of other actors, in the shaping of desirable sustainable futures. In a highly participatory process, the project will provide unique input to European research and innovation policies and topics, create dialogue and shared understanding between the actors, and build strong capacities in citizen engagement, thereby contributing to Responsible Research and Innovation in EU. In short, CIMULACT will:
- Embrace the citizens in the actual formulation of EU Research and Innovation agendas.
- Provide concrete and unique input to the identification of the future European research agenda by eliciting concerns, wishes and visions for desirable sustainable futures from 1000 citizens in 30 countries in Europe.
- Make the future more accessible and commonly shared and discussed by making it a public conversation for a greater democracy.
- Make the European research and innovation agenda relevant and accountable to society by engaging citizens, stakeholders, and experts in co-creating research agendas based on real, validated and shared visions, needs and demands.
- Contribute to Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) in EU by promoting public engagement and inclusion in the identification of desirable sustainable futures.
- Set a new standard for citizen participation by integrating science and society and through development, experimentation, training and assessment of methods for engagement.
The CSRC team in CIMULACT consists of
- Petteri Repo
- Kaisa Matschoss
- Mikko Rask
- Päivi Timonen