Welcome to discuss and reflect critical perspectives to global mental health, with a special focus on young people and education on Monday 14 October 2019, at 9-12, Siltavuorenpenger 3A, Athena, seminar room 302.
The event is organized by CoSupport research project (Academy of Finland) https://blogs.helsinki.fi/cosupport/about/.
Registration by 10 October 2019: https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/100094/lomake.html
Invited keynote speakers are Sami Timimi and China Mills. Sami Timimi is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist working in the National Health Service in Lincolnshire and a Visiting Professor of Child Psychiatry and Mental Health Improvement at the University of Lincoln, UK. China Mills is a Senior Lecturer in Public Health at the City, University of London, and the Principal Investigator on a British Academy grant looking at the ‘social life’ of global mental health technologies designed to be used all over the world.
9:15-9:30 Opening words, Kristiina Brunila
9:30-10:15 Keynote: Culture, mental health and growing up, Sami Timimi
10:15-10:45 Commentator Juho Honkasilta + Discussion
10:45-11:30 Keynote: Diagnostic liquidity and global mental health, China Mills
11:30-12:00 Commentator Tuuli Kurki + Discussion
For more information:
- Follow our event online: Future Trajectories of Education in Uncertain Times
- Fall greetings from AGORA
- Welcome to the event: Future Trajectories of Education in Uncertain Times
- CoSupport-tutkimushankkeen tuloksia
- TUTKIMUSKOORDINAATTORIN TEHTÄVÄ LUKUVUODELLE 2019 – 2020
- AGORA-research centre’s Spring Greetings
- Tervetuloa avoimelle luennolle maanantaina 6.5.
- Behind the idea of disturbing behaviour
- Tasa-arvotyö tiedekunnassa ja opettajankoulutuksessa alkaa