A goal of the Center is to develop a knowledge pool on Chinese law. The Center sponsors and supports publication of research projects led by researchers from member universities. Some of the most notable publications are:
- Ulla Liukkunen (2013) Yritystoiminnan muutokset ja yhteistoiminta. Tutkimus kansallisesta ja transnationaalista työoikeudesta [Mergers, Acquisitions and Employee Participation. A Study on National and Transnational Labour Law]. Forum Iuris, Helsingin yliopiston oikeustieteellisen tiedekunnan julkaisuja, Helsinki.
- Roger Blanpain (general ed), Ulla Liukkunen and Yifeng Chen (volume eds) (2014) China and ILO fundamental principles and rights at work. 86 Bulletin of Comparative Labour Relations. Kluwer, Alphen aan den Rijn.
- Nari Lee, Guido Westkamp, Ansgar Ohly (eds) (2014) Intellectual Property, Unfair Competition and Publicity: Convergences and Development. Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham.
- Jenny Rontu, Sara Kymenvaara, Ari Ekroos (eds) (2015) Climate Law in Finland and China: Outlines of European and Chinese Climate Change Mitigation and Energy Effciency Regulation. Aalto University publication series, Science + Technology 6/2015.
- Jürgen Basedow, Chen Su, Matteo Fornasier and Ulla Liukkunen (eds) (2016) Employee Participation and Collective Bargaining In Europe and China. Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen.
- Ulla Liukkunen and Yifeng Chen (eds) (2016) Fundamental Labour Rights in China – Legal Implementation and Cultural Logic. Springer, Basel.
- Nari Lee, Niklas Bruun and Li Mindge (eds) (2016) Governance of Intellectual Property in China and Europe, Edward Eldgar Publishing, Cheltenham.
- Timo Koivurova, Qin Tianbao, Sebastien Duyck, and Tapio Nykänen (eds) (2017) Arctic Law and Governance: The Role of China and Finland. Hart Publishing, Oxford.
A full list of research project publications can be viewed at https://blogs.helsinki.fi/chinalawcenter/research-project-publications/.
We are also building up a working paper series based on its academic activities under the China Forum on the Rule of Law publication series:
- Li Lin and Xie Zengyi (eds) (2013) Rule of law in China and Finland: Comparative Studies of their Development History and Model. China Forum on the Rule of Law, Social Sciences Academic Press, China.
- Li Lin, Xie Zengyi and Kimmo Nuotio (eds) (2014) Safeguarding Human Rights and Constructing the Rule of Law: A Comparison between China and Finland.China Forum on the Rule of Law. Social Sciences Academic Press, China.
- Li Lin, Xie Zengyi and Ulla Liukkunen (eds) (2016) Rule of Law Development and Judicial Reform: A Comparison between China and Finland. China Forum on the Rule of Law, Social Sciences Academic Press, China.
- Chen Su and Ulla Liukkunen (eds) (2019) Legal Reform and the Development of Rule of Law: A Comparison of between China and Finland. China Forum on the Rule of Law, Social Sciences Academic Press, China.
In addition to research project publications and the Rule of Law publication series, other academic works have also been published by member institutions, or under the auspice of the Center to support Sino-Finnish cooperation in the field of law. A non-exhaustive list of publication is compiled below:
- Kimmo Nuotio, Sakari Melander and Merita Huomo-Kettunen (eds) (2012) Introduction to Finnish Law and Legal Culture, Forum Iuris, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Law. The book will be soon translated into Chinese.
- Kimmo Nuotio (2017) The transformation of criminal law and criminal law theory in Finland and China: Historical, Cultural and Political Perspectives from the Finnish side, Peking University Law Journal 5(1): 1-23.
- Sakari Melander (2017) Criminalization and its limitations: The Finnish Perspective, Peking University Law Journal 5(1): 51-75.
- Tapio Lappi-Seppälä (2017) Sentencing and sanctions in Finland, Peking University Law Journal 5(1): 101-137.
- Wenhua Shan, Kimmo Nuotio and Kangle Zhang (eds) (2018) Normative Readings of the Belt and Road Initiative: Road to New Paradigms. Springer, Basel.
- Sanna Kopra (2018) China and Great Power Responsibility for Climate Change. Routledge, London.
- Ulla Liukkunen (ed) (2019) Collective bargaining in labour law regimes: A global perspective. Springer, Basel.
- Ulla Liukkunen and Yifeng Chen (2019) Enclave Governance and Transnational Labor Law: A Case Study of Chinese Workers on Strike in African, Nordic Journal of International Law 88(4): 558-586.
- Timo Koivurova and Sanna Kopra (eds) (2020) Chinese Policy and Presence in the Arctic. Brill Nijhoff, Leiden.